15/11/06 (B369) Somalie : plusieurs articles en Anglais font état de la progression des forces des Tribunaux islamiques et en particulier de leur percée au Puntland et de l’interdiction de voyager, imposée par le Gouvernement du Kenya aux jeunes réfugiés somaliens, pour éviter qu’ils ne s’engagent dans les milices.

1
– Les autorités du Puntland admettent pour la première fois
que les forces islamistes ont capturé du matériel militaire
et des 4×4 équipé de canons et de missibles.
(
Sh.M.Network)


Somalia’s regional government admits Islamists captured militias
and battlewagons
Par Aweys Osman Yusuf

Mogadishu 13, Nov.06 ( Sh.M.Network) The semi-autonomous administration
of Puntland has for the first admitted that Somalia’s Islamists had
grabbed number of vehicles mounted with ant-aircraft guns and unconfirmed
number of militias in Sunday’s heavy fight in Bandiradley and villages
20 km away from Galkayo, the provincial town of Mudug in central Somalia.

Chairperson of north Galkayo,
under Puntland administration, Abdirashid Ali Dhubane has told reporters that
Puntland forces were involved in yesterday’s fight, admitting Bandiradley,
a village 90 km north of Galkayo and villages close to it, went out of their
hands after powerful Islamist fighters attacked the villages.

Earlier senior Puntland
administrators have rebuffed their forces were fighting along Abdi Qeybdid’s
militias as the regional government’s president Adde Musa has gone to
Galkayo bringing about 50 battlewagons and large number of troops in the area
to protect Galkayo against Islamists.

More militias who were
wounded in Sunday’s skirmishes were admitted at local clinics in Galkayo,
Guri’el and Adado districts in central Somalia.

Unconfirmed reports also
say that Ethiopian forces were backing up Abdi Qeybdid’s militias as
Somalia’s Islamists had previously declared a holy war against thousands
of Ethiopian troops in the country.

Somalia has had no government
since 1991 when tribal warlords overthrew former revolutionary government.
__________________________________________________
BBC

2
– Le Gouvernement du Kenya met en place une intediction de sortie de ses frontières
aux jeunes réfugiés (en majorité Somaliens) afin, dit-il,
d’éviter qu’il ne soient recrutés pour participer aux Combats
dans leur pays. (BBC)

Refugees
cut off by Kenya floods

Thousands
of Somali refugees in Kenyan camps have seen their shelters and belongings
destroyed by severe flooding in the east of the country.
At least two refugees have been killed and many camps cut off by floodwater,
UN aid agencies said on Tuesday.

The plight
of refugees in one camp has been compounded after the Kenyan government restricted
access.

The ban
was imposed to stop young refugees being recruited to fight in Somalia, the
Kenyan government said.

Tens of
thousands of people fleeing fighting in Somalia have arrived in Kenya in recent
months.

Homes
destroyed

Both the
UN’s World Food Programme and the UN refugee agency say many refugee camps
in eastern Kenya are now inaccessible.

The UNHCR
said at least two refugees, one a three-year-old child, have been killed and
thousands of shelters destroyed by floodwater.

The worst
effects were felt in the low-lying Ifo camp, where 90% of the settlement’s
54,000 refugees have been hit by the flooding.

Aid workers
have been unable to reach nearby Dagahaley camp but it is believed that up
to 80% of the camp’s 37,000 residents have lost their belongings and many
makeshift homes have been destroyed.

The WFP
said a number of its feeding stations were underwater and trucks have been
unable to deliver food.

The organisation
said it hoped to be able to deliver some food by air.

Travel
restrictions

In north-eastern
Kenya more than 150,000 people living in the Dadaab refugee zone have been
grounded by a blanket travel ban imposed by the Kenyan government.

Only aid
agencies will be allowed to transport materials in and out of the Dadaab camps,
Kenyan television reported.

A Kenyan
government official told the BBC that the travel restrictions were intended
to prevent refugees being recruited to fight in neighbouring conflicts.

Siras
Gitau from Kenya’s ministry of internal security said: “Leaders in the
north-eastern province were involved in recruiting young people to go to that
country [Somalia].”

The BBC’s
Bashcash Jugsoday in Garissa said that the ban would have a major impact on
businesses run by Somali refugees inside the camps.

This could
have serious consequences as 90% of the refugees’ livelihood comes from such
businesses and only 10% from aid agencies, he said.

On Monday,
Kenya banned all flights to and from neighbouring Somalia, citing security
reasons.

The Kenya
Red Cross says the number of people affected by the floods has now risen to
about 200,000 people.